We regret that due to the COVID-19 restrictions, all classes have been cancelled until the end of 2020. We hope to re-start class at both Ralph Allen
School and Bathampton Village Hall in January 2021. We will update the information when restrictions are lifted.
To find times and dates of our classes in 20/21 - click on the link on the left
New members are always welcome, but we regret we are unable to give tuition to beginners at this present
Tuesdays:- 7.30 to 9.00 pm, at Ralph Allen School, Claverton Down Road, Bath
Thursdays:- These classes
are suspended for the time being:
Village Hall, Holcombe Lane, Bathampton, BA2 6UL
Returning to Dancing at Ralph Allen
To do social distancing dancing is a challenge and so there will be many differences to the norm.
RSCDS guidance suggests that if you are classified obese or are over 70 with an underlying medical condition it is not recommended that
Entrance to the gym will be through the back door not the Fire Exit – please see map (download
below). The Fire Exit will be the exit once the class is in progress.
- To attend a class, you must inform the dance teacher, by email, by midday on the Tuesday – firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone
01225 429573. Numbers will be limited to 30 attending (this may change). You must give a name and telephone number each time.
- Sanitise hands when you enter the gym – sanitising gel is available.
- Sign in and leave a phone number.
- Do not touch any equipment except for the seat you are using.
- Only two sets will dance at any one time in the first instance.
- Windows and doors will be open throughout the session – it will be cold on occasions!
- Wear masks when dancing (these may be taken off when
not dancing following precautions) – RSCDS guidance
Please have your own hand sanitiser to clean hands between dances.
- Dances will be fairly simple and there may well be adaptations – no hands will be used at all.
- Sets will be wider and longer.
- Dance session will be shorter in the first instance.
- It will be necessary to clean any chairs/benches/door handles used at the end of the session.
- Toilets may be used but must be cleaned by the user – seat, basin, light switch and handle – using the disinfectant wipes. The toilets will also be
cleaned at the end of the session.